Seven Steps to Installing the Perfect Toilet in Your Home
08 Feb 2023
Adding a stylish and energy-efficient toilet to your home is easier than you might think. Here are seven simple steps to make sure you’ll enjoy your perfect toilet for years to come:
1. Shut off water supplyBefore you do anything else, make sure you shut off the water supply.
2. Select the right toiletChoose a toilet that's the right size, height, shape, and features for your bathroom. Consider one that is Energy Star certified and offers features like an ADA-compliant handle or automated flush.
3. Install the wax ring and toiletCarefully lower the toilet onto the flange, making sure the bolts line up properly. Apply some silicon caulk around the base of the toilet for a good seal.
4. Connect the water supply lineAttach the flexible water supply line to the tank. Secure the line with a slip joint nut and turn the water back on.
5. Flush the toiletFlush the toilet to ensure it's working properly. Your next job is to adjust the water level if needed.
6. Add the floor boltsMake sure the floor bolts are secured snugly to the floor and the nut is tightened against the bottom of the toilet so it won’t move when you use it.
7. Install the seatAttach the seat to the toilet and adjust it to your desired height. Make sure it’s tightly secured so you won’t have to worry about it becoming loose over time.
ConclusionInstalling a new toilet may take a bit of time and effort, but in the end, it will be worth it! Follow these steps, and you’ll be able to have a perfect toilet in no time.