How to Clean Your New Bathroom Toilet
08 Feb 2023
Cleaning a toilet can be one of the most tedious tasks to tackle in the bathroom, but it doesn't have to be. To help you out, here is a step-by-step guide to cleaning your new toilet:
Step 1: Preparation
- Gather Supplies: Gather all of the materials you will need for the job. These typically include a sponge, a scrub brush, an old toothbrush, a bowl cleaner or toilet cleaner, a toilet brush, and rubber gloves.
- Prep the Area: Start by removing all items from the area around the toilet, such as rugs, tissue boxes, and any other items that might make the job more difficult. Make sure you also clear away any dirt or debris before you begin cleaning.
Step 2: Cleaning
- Bowl: Begin by sprinkling the bowl cleaner into the toilet bowl. Use the toilet brush to scrub the bowl and to get rid of any residue. Rinse the brush in the bowl after each pass. Use the toothbrush for hard to reach areas, such as around the rim of the bowl.
- Tank: Use a sponge to wipe down the inside of the toilet tank, being sure to get in all the corners. Use a cleaner for any more stubborn areas. Also, pay attention to the flushing handle and be sure to use a cleaner and an old toothbrush to get all the nooks and crannies of the handle clean.
- Toilet Seat: Use a cleaner and scrub brush to clean the seat, then wipe it down with a sponge. Finally, use an old toothbrush to get into the hinges.
Step 3: Disinfecting
- Disinfectant: Spray a cleaner or a disinfectant liberally around the toilet bowl. Use the toilet brush to move the liquid around. Allow the fluid to sit for a few minutes before continuing.
- Rinse: Use a sponge dampened with clean water to rinse the entire toilet. Be sure to remove all cleaner and debris from the bowl, tank, and seat.