A Quick Guide to Installing a Toilet in the Bathroom
Feb 08, 2023
Installing a new toilet in the bathroom may seem like a daunting task, but with the right information and a few DIY skills, anyone can install a toilet in the bathroom in just a few steps.
Tools You'll NeedBefore you start installing the new toilet, you'll need a few tools and supplies:
- Tape measure
- Adjustable wrench
- Toilet mounting bolts and fasteners
- New toilet
- Toilet wax seal
Step-by-Step InstructionsInstalling a toilet is simpler than it may seem initially. Follow these steps to install the toilet in the bathroom:
- Measure the distance between the toilet flange and the wall and cut the mounting bolts to the correct size. Install the bolts into the toilet flange.
- Place the new toilet onto the flange and secure it using your screwdriver and wrench. Make sure the toilet is level by using a carpenter's level or measuring tape.
- Connect the water supply line to the toilet. Tighten the connection with an adjustable wrench.
- Carefully place the wax seal around the base of the toilet, making sure to properly align the holes.
- Use caulk to fill in any gaps around the base of the toilet where it meets the floor.
- Flush the toilet to ensure that it is working properly.