The Benefits of Installing a Water-Saving Toilet in the Bathroom
Whether its old or new, a water-saving toilet can benefit the environment and your wallet. As the world population increases and more people demand access to clean water, it's becoming increasingly important to conserve the supplies of fresh water that are available.
1. Curb Water WasteBy installing a water-saving toilet, you can significantly reduce the amount of water use in your home, helping to protect natural ecosystems and minimizing your ecological impact. Older, standard flush toilets use between 3.5 and 7 gallons per flush. However, water-saving toilets, also known as low-flow toilets, can use up to ten times less.
2. Lower Your Utility BillsSince it uses less water, a water-saving toilet will lower your water and wastewater bill over time. Depending on how much water you conserve, you could end up saving anywhere from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars a year on your utility bills.
3. Help is Available for InstallationIf you're interested in installing a water-saving toilet, you can get help from state and federal programs and from local home improvement stores. Many water utilities offer water-saving toilet and plumbing fixtures for free or at a discounted cost.
4. Easy to MaintainWater-saving toilets are easy to maintain, just like the traditional toilets. Unlike tankless toilets, water-saving toilets don’t require any additional maintenance, apart from regular cleanings. Additionally, some models come with a flush booster feature that keeps your toilet clean without having to use extra water.
5. Variety of Models to Choose FromWhen it comes to picking the perfect water-saving toilet for your bathroom, you'll have many styles and colors to choose from. There are several low-flow models on the market with powerful flushing and modern features, such as dual-flush capabilities that allow you to choose between a regular and a full flush.
To sum up, installing a water-saving toilet can have numerous advantages. It can help you save money on your utility bills and help conserve precious water, while also providing you with more options of modern, stylish toilets to choose from.