What You Should Know Before You Buy a Kitchen Faucet
When you’re shopping for a new kitchen faucet, you have a lot of choices. Knowing what features are important and what factors will make a difference in your selection will help you make the right choice.
Types of Faucets
The type of faucet you select will depend on the type of sink and countertop you have in your kitchen. Here are some common kitchen faucet types:
- Pull-Down: This type of faucet can be pulled down for greater water pressure and spray options.
- Pull-Out: Pull-out faucets have a detached sprayer that can be pulled out and held in hand for more varied water flow options.
- Single-Handle: Single-handle faucets require less movement and use one handle to control water temperature and flow.
- Two-Handle: Two-handle faucets use separate handles for controlling hot and cold water temperatures instead of one handle.
- Wall-Mount: Wall-mount faucets are installed directly onto the wall, either attached to the countertop or mounted separately.
- Benchtop Mounted: Benchtop mounted faucets are attached to the underside of the countertop.
Before you buy a new faucet, make sure it is compatible with your plumbing. Most kitchen faucets require three separate components for installation: a base for the faucet, a supply line, and a drain line. You may also need additional equipment for installation, such as Teflon tape or a wrench.
Spout Height & Reach
Another important factor to consider when selecting a kitchen faucet is the spout’s height and reach. The height and reach of the spout affect how much space is needed to do kitchen tasks, such as filling large pots. The taller and longer the spout, the better it is for tasks that require more space.
When looking for a kitchen faucet, you can also consider optional features that add convenience and luxury. Here are some of the most common features:
- Motion Sensors: Motion sensors are built into some faucets, allowing you to easily control the flow of water with a wave of your hand.
- Spray Modes: Multi-mode spray faucets have several spray options, such as shower, stream, and boost.
- High Arc: High-arc faucets have a higher spout and greater reach, making them easier to use for tasks that require more space.
- Stainless Steel Finish: Stainless steel kitchen faucets are extremely durable and resistant to scratches, chips, and other damage.
- LED lights: Some models have LED lights that are activated when the faucet is turned on.
By considering all the features and details before making a purchase, you can make sure you get a kitchen faucet that will meet your needs and last for years to come. Whether you’re remodeling your kitchen or replacing a broken kitchen faucet, the right faucet can instantly add style and efficiency to your kitchen sink area. But before you start looking at models, it’s important to have a basic understanding of the different types of kitchen faucets and what to consider before you buy one.
First, it’s important to distinguish between the two most common types of kitchen faucets: pull-down faucets and pull-out faucets. Pull-down faucets have the nozzle mounted to a hose that is attached to the faucet body. This type of faucet swivels up, down, and sideways and is perfect for tasks like cleaning dishes and rinsing produce. Pull-out faucets have the nozzle mounted to a hose that can be detached from the spout. This type of faucet is great for filling large pots and cleaning hard-to-reach areas.
When shopping for a new faucet, look for models with features like a sprayer, motion-sensing capabilities, and temperature-control knobs. It’s also important to consider the size of the faucet, as some may be too tall or short for your countertop. Lastly, make sure to read the product description to see if the faucet is easy to install and if it comes with a warranty.
When purchasing a new kitchen faucet, it’s also important to consider your budget. Prices for faucets can vary greatly, so it’s important to do your research to make sure you’re getting the best deal. With a little patience and research, you’ll be able to find a kitchen faucet that will look great and last for years to come.