Tips for Maintaining a Clean and Fresh Bathroom Toilet
Feb 08, 2023
The toilet is one of the most used and yet unfortunately most overlooked elements of your home’s bathroom. As part of a daily cleaning routine and occasionally deeper clean, establishing a stay clean routine can help keep your toilet in good and healthy condition.
Daily Cleaning RoutineThe following are some tips for improving your daily cleaning routine for your toilet:
- Scrub the rim of the bowl - Scrub the rim with a toilet brush and cleaning solution to remove any residue or buildup.
- Clean the seat - Wipe down the seat with a cleaning solution and soft cloth.
- Clean the outside - Wipe down the outside of the toilet with a cleaning solution and soft cloth.
- Flush the toilet - Flush the toilet to ensure that any buildup is removed.
- Deodorize - Spray around the sides and top of the bowl with a deodorizing spray.
Deep CleanIn addition to the daily cleaning routine, you should perform a deep clean once a week to keep your toilet in excellent condition.
- Remove the seat and cover - Take off the seat and cover, and soak them in a half-and-half solution of white vinegar and water for 30 minutes.
- Scrub the Bowl - Scrub the inside of the bowl, paying extra attention to areas with discoloration or buildup.
- Clean the Tank - Open the tank and use a damp cloth to wipe down the inside.
- Clean the Exterior - Scrub the outside of the toilet with a brush and cleaning solution.
- Re-install the Seat and Cover - Re-install the seat and cover once they have been thoroughly cleaned.