Making the Most of a Small Bathroom with a Toilet
Having a small bathroom with a toilet in the home can be challenging, especially if you are limited on space. There are some ways to help make the most of the space you have and to create a space that is practical and stylish.
Maximise StorageAdding extra storage in a small bathroom can make all the difference. Here are some ideas to get the most out of the storage in your bathroom:
- Over the Toilet Storage: Install shelves or cabinets above the toilet. It's a great way to make use of the space, to store anything from towels to toiletries.
- Floating Shelves: Floating shelves provide extra storage without taking up too much room.
- Recessed Cabinets: A great solution to storage if you're tight on space. The cabinets are recessed into the wall, creating extra storage without taking up any wall space.
- Create Space: Instead of a typical sink and vanity, consider a compact vanity which won't take up a lot of space.
Choose the Right Tiles and FixturesUsing the right tiles and fixtures can also help when it comes to making the most of a small bathroom. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Tiles: Use light-coloured tiles to help make the room look bigger. The lighter the colour, the more the room will be illuminated, making it seem larger.
- Mirrors: Mirrors are an easy way to help make the room seem larger. Place a large mirror on the wall opposite the toilet to help reflect the light and create an illusion of space.
- Fixtures: Go for low-profile fixtures like toilets, sinks and showers. These will help keep the room looking uncluttered and the space will seem bigger.